Hotel Pelirocco is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it.
We have published this notice to help you understand:
- how and why we collect information from you
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Hotel Pelirocco will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Hotel Pelirocco determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to: Hotel Pelirocco, 10 regency Square, Brighton. BN12FG or via email@example.com quoting Privacy Information Enquiry.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Receiving electronic and online payments and deposits for hotel accommodation
- Receiving electronic and online payment for hire and booking the venue for events
- Receiving electronic payments for food and beverages
We take payments for Gift vouchers and bookings through partner company Vestibule Marketing which manage online and telephone payments. We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
We keep your payment data for no longer than reasonably necessary and is safely deleted.
The bank slips and registration sheets will be kept in a locked cupboard for a period of 13 months and will be securely shredded after 13 months in accordance with the legal requirement
what information do we collect and why?
When making a booking we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
- full name, address, contact number, email address and
- payment card authorisations, which are stored separately from all profiles via a random encryption code. This makes it impossible to retrieve your full card details.
- If you sign up to our Loyalty Club we do take your date of birth so you can claim a free cocktail on the week of your birthday if you stay with us.
We require your personal data as it is a requirement necessary in order to make a booking at the hotel. You are under an obligation to provide your personal data to us and if you fail to adhere it may impact on your hotel reservation .
In order to undertake website personalisation, we will also gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile), and this may include IP address.
how do we use your information?
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- to advise you of any changes or problems with your hotel booking
- to help us to tell you of any services and products which we offer
- to help detect fraud or loss
- to notify accommodation confirmation and reminder notification of your booking.
- to write to you (including electronic mail) or to telephone you with information about our services or products or offers. This information is sent to you normally via electronic mail in the form of an e-newsletter more than once a month. This will only be sent to you if you agree to this by signing up.
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your hotel brochure.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of us in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to our distribution agency for the delivery of our hotel brochures.
who we share your information with and why?
Delivery Partners – In order for you to receive your goods and services, Hotel Pelirocco works with the following companies;
- Accommodation booking system – Vestibule Marketing
- Gift Voucher – com
- E-newsletter – Mailchimp
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to other companies without your prior consent. We do not sell mailing lists to third parties. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or receive the members’ newsletter, please contact us.
Protection of information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures, for example encrypting data on our websites and in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about our member properties and special offers. We will always ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
We will not share your information with companies outside of Hotel Pelirocco for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the address provided above, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01273327055,.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
visitors to our website
When someone visits www.hotelpelirocco.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
complaints or queries
Hotel Pelirocco tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Hotel Pelirocco’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation
access to personal information
Hotel Pelirocco tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why we are holding it;
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to Hotel Pelirocco for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing.